Spring is in the air and what better way to get your day started than by having hand-cut and delivered roses to your desk! Do we get spoiled by our boss here in Pasadena or what?!
To maintain the pink Easter-y theme we decided to whip up some strawberry cupcakes to go with our new flowers!
Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes
Unbleached All Purpose Flour : 1 and 3/4 cups
Sugar: 3/4 to 1 cup
Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
Fresh strawberries, pureed or crushed 8oz (I used strawberry pie filling, cause that’s what I had)
Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
Canola Oil: 1/2 cup
White Distilled Vinegar: 1 tablespoon ( I used Apple Cider, still awesome
Yield: 12 tastetactical cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/Grease/line a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl combine together the flour, baking soda and sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix the oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add the pureed strawberry also to the oil mixture and stir to combine.
4. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir together but do not over stir.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. When cool, frost the cupcakes and top each with a whole strawberry!!